Monday, August 10, 2009

Twas the day before school starting.....

Well its actually two days before school actually starts, but i have been preparing all day for the meet the teacher night. I am really looking forward to my class this year , I hear mostly great things about them from the first grade teachers. Most everyone who reads this knows that i teach in a low socio-economic area and that most of my children come from poverty. Although I complain a lot about situations with my job, I find that helping each of these children conquer reading, math,science, and social studies to be truly rewarding. I know that this bunch of kids will be very precocious and will inevitably leave me with some great material for my blog. So to let you know a little about my kids I am going to give you the top 5 names on my roll for this year.
1.Levert
2. Cortarius
3. Moriba
4.Sequoia
5. Jedrek
What do you think? I bet they are going to give me a run for my money!

1 comment:

  1. Hope "Meet the Teacher" went well! These kids are so lucky to have Miss Brown as their teacher!

    ReplyDelete