Thursday, August 27, 2009

Project Runway


Tonight I am having a few lucky (ha!) people over to watch Project Runway! I am obsessed with Project Runway and on many a day I think that Tim Gunn and I would be real life friends. I feel like he would really like my personal style? Don't you! Everyone needs a friend like Tim Gunn. But Anyways tonight I am making Refrigerator Roll cake for my guests. It is one of my favorites that i stole from Darby( who i also think would be my real life friend and who i shamelessly blog stalk). I hope that you will try this recipe it always proves to be a crowd pleaser! Oh yeah and i don't have Swine flu, false alarm! Anyway here is the recipe Bon Appetite
Refrigerator Roll
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream, whipped, or 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping, thawed
9-ounce package Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers
Chocolate curls, for garnish
Stir vanilla into whipped cream or topping. Spread 1/2 tablespoon whipped cream or topping on each wafer. Begin stacking wafers together and stand on edge on serving platter to make a 14-inch log. Frost with remaining whipped cream or topping. Chill for 4 to 6 hours. To serve, garnish with chocolate curls; slice roll at 45-degree angle.
Serves 12
Source: The recipe for this simple but impressive-looking dessert has appeared on the Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers box for more than 50 years.

2 comments:

  1. MC-
    I love Project Runway too!!! I am glad I read your blog now :)

    ReplyDelete